From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 13:37:53
Boost release 1.27.0 is available at the usual locations. Highlights:
* Python Library: Scott Snyder contributed inplace operator support.
* Integer Library: Daryle Walker contributed enhancements to the type
selection templates, and added new compile-time bit mask, binary logarithm,
and extrema templates.
* Function Library: user may request that boost::function objects store a
reference to a function object target instead of a copy, using ref.
Stateless objects are optimized so that they require no dynamic storage.
* Quaternions: added support for GCC 2.95.x.
* Octonions: added support for GCC 2.95.x.
* Smart Pointers Library: Peter Dimov contributed a new implementation
that fixes some bugs and adds some features including thread safety when
manipulating the use count, custom delete functions, a new weak_ptr, and
shared_static_cast and shared_dynamic_cast.
* Preprocessor Library: changed macro prefix from BOOST_PREPROCESSOR to
BOOST_PP, added support for list data structure manipulation, added
examples, made library ANSI C friendly, added generalized repetition and
iteration primitives, improved reference manual.
* Threads Library: Mac Carbon implementation contributed by Mac Murrett.
* Minor fixes to many libraries.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk