From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 18:27:33

> However,
> I myself have definite needs of such a container right now, and could
> use the fixed_capacity_vector for those now.

That's cool; for that, the classes you use don't have to be in boost.

> On the other hand the
> policy based vector is at the moment an idea without any plans for a
> concrete implementation?

I pointed two categories of problems with fixed_capacity_vector: one is
design-related, the other refers to the implementation. You comment on the
design side of things only. At least I think the implementation of that
limited design ought to be up to snuff. It is not.

> After all I need to get work done and cannot always wait for the nicest
> solution and don't mind rewriting a few lines in my codes in the future
> if there's a better solution a couple of years from now.

If all would be like you, the world would be a better place :o).

Andrei