From: Ruslan Zasukhin (sunshine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-08 06:08:48

on 2/8/02 7:07, rogeeff at rogeeff_at_[hidden] wrote:

> --- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
>
>> I think it would be a really good idea for anyone taking this on to read Matt
>> Austern's paper on "segmented iterators" first. This and the cyclic iterator
>> both fit that model. I'm sure there are others.
>>

> 1. I was not able to find this paper on the net. Do you have a
> reference, or could you mail it to me.
> 2. Do you or don't you like idea/interface/implementation presented?

Yes, I also interested to know where to find this paper.

And I also dream about such kind of iterator.
My task is next:

    in Valentina database, I have cache,
    i.e. File is presented in RAM bug separate pages.
    I want to have iterator that:
    1) looks as continuous segment of RAM
    2) check bounds of pages and jump to new page in background.
    3) load new segments of file if needed.

Sounds as segmented iterators are close to that task.

--
Best regards,
Ruslan Zasukhin