From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-08 09:50:30

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] numeric_cast - is this really right?

> Ah, yes, now I remember. When he first proposed it, I was very anxious to
> use Fernando's replacement for my old, crufty, under-tested code written
> with insufficient experience. Bjorn, if you'd like to write documentation
> and Fernando agrees to it, I'll be happy to replace my implementation
> wholesale with a joint submission from the two of you.
>
> -Dave

I would love if Bjorn could write the documentation for me. The ideas are
already explained in the sources, so it is just a matter of formalizing and
formatting it, perhaps using the new stuff submitted by Bill Kempf.
I would also like Bjorn to take a close look (as closer as possible) to the
way range checking is performed when mixing float/integer and
singed/unsigned types, since that's really tricky.

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]
www.gosierra.com