From: Aaron Brashears (gila_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-08 16:16:52

I'm testing out integrating our project with python using the boost
libraries. I wrote a small wrapper application around our libraries
and then tried to compile it. This failed. I then went back and tried
to build the sample provided in the documentation, but got the same
error. The error is:

$ cd ~/python/
$ make -k
g++ -g -Wall -I../boost_1_27_0 -I/usr/include/python -c test.cpp
test.cpp: In function `void init_module_getting_started1()':
test.cpp:27: no matching function for call to `handle_exception ()'
make: *** [test.o] Error 1
make: Target `test' not remade because of errors.

I checked in the errors.hpp file in the python library, and it looked
ok. This is a direct copy of the sample provided in the documentation
- what am I doing wrong?

For reference, I'm using gcc 2.95.2 and python 1.5.2 on linux.