From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-10 16:08:38

At 01:36 PM 2/8/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>Does anyone have an opinion about the lifetime of our release candidate
>branches? My feeling is that < 1 week isn't long enough, and that we
should
>give it a bit more time before releasing it. Opinions?

Let's try a one week minimum on the next release.

Other issues:

* Unless explicitly discussed, there should not be any regressions (pass
which changed to fail) compared to the prior release.

* We need to keep working on regression test automation (Dave and Beman
made some progress recently, but it still isn't quite ready for prime
time.)

* Dave and Beman have done some initial experiments on a system to allow
developers who prefer it to be emailed when a regression test they care
about fails. This would be done at the time of release candidate
branching.

* We are about to integrate Gennadiy's Boost.Test package. That will give
us more powerful testing tools.

--Beman