From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-11 17:43:35

On Monday 11 February 2002 05:12 pm, you wrote:
> used by the standard) I'd love to see support for DBC in the
> language. These two would actually be on the top of my wish list
> (before threads and socket support) if it weren't for the fact that I
> think they'd have some opposition in the committee. The fact is,
> though, those two automation concepts can GREATLY improve the quality
> of code, and DBC at least requires language support, and even

Minor disagreement here: AFAICT, Design by Contract doesn't necessarily need
language support. DBC could be supported by a compiler without changing the
language, merely through a set of conventions. Language support only serves
to standardize the terminology and "force" vendors to support DBC.

        Doug