From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-11 17:12:47

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> [...]

You could make it happen a _little_ sooner by suggesting some
language changes to the committee ;). (Note: I realize it won't
truly be any faster.) In addition to literate programming along the
same vein as JavaDoc (but I'd prefer the more meaningful metadata
used by the standard) I'd love to see support for DBC in the
language. These two would actually be on the top of my wish list
(before threads and socket support) if it weren't for the fact that I
think they'd have some opposition in the committee. The fact is,
though, those two automation concepts can GREATLY improve the quality
of code, and DBC at least requires language support, and even
literate programming can benefit from language support (for instance,
the documentation can be added to the XTI data that Bjarne is working
on, so that the binary representation can be queried for
documentation, which is a great benefit for plugins).

Bill Kempf