From: Aaron Brashears (gila_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-13 12:44:23

For everyone's reference, I tried many permutations of linkers,
command line parameters, command line order, and found a working
combo.

The two most important things to do (on my platform) when linking
against the python static lib to create a shared object are:
* use g++ as your linker on the command line,
* remember to pass -export-dynamic to the linker.

It's a bit of a rookie mistake, but it would have been nice to see an
example of linking against the static lib to create an so. In case
anyone else has this problem, here's an example for linking
getting_started1.o:

g++ -shared -Wl,-export-dynamic -Llibs/python/build/bin/libboost_python_static/gcc/debug/runtime-link-dynamic/shared-linkable-true getting_started1.o -lboost_python_static -o getting_started1.so