From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-14 10:22:14

--- In boost_at_y..., "ajp_m" <a.maclean_at_a...> wrote:
> With respect to the latest version of Boost 1.27.0 I have a problem
> with the thread library under MSVC 6. Everything compiles cleanly
so
> I then ran test_thread.cpp. The test fails on leaving test_tss().
In
> particular it is an assertion failure at line 69 in tss.cpp,
> this is in the function cleanup_handlers* get_handlers(). All the
> other tests in this program run OK.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can we fix it?

It runs cleanly on my systems and this is the first report of
problems. Unfortunatelly the assertion line doesn't help much... it
only tells me that on_thread_exit() failed. I need to put asserts in
on_thread_exit() so the failures are more meaningful and helpful. In
the mean time, can you debug the program and determine what's
actually failing in on_thread_exit()?

What platform are you on? Did you use Boost.Build to build both the
libraries and to run test_thread?

Bill Kempf