From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-14 10:30:15

Well, In Boost.Python V1 (the current official release) you need to have
instantiated class_builder<T> in the translation unit /before/ you call
from_python(p, type<A*>()). Have you done that? Usually unless you do
something consciously the instantiations of class_builder are all at the
bottom in your module init function.

-Dave

(In Boost.Python V2 the instantiation order issue goes away ;-)).