From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-18 17:54:06

Trying not to re-hash anything already proposed:

1) Finalization: In addition to class finalization, I have a number of
protocol classes in which I'd like to finalize a member function in order to
preserve a "contract" throughout all derived classes. My proposed syntax
would be:

        class Base
        {
                int SomeFunc() = 1;
        };

Since a pure virtual is specified using "=0", "=1" appears a natural way to
specify a concrete, non-overridable member function.

2) I'd like to be able to query if a class has a trivial constructor to use
in specializations. It would also be nice if I could query whether a class
has a given member function. This would reduce the use of traits classes
that must be explicitly overloaded to specify optimizing behaviors, i.e. a
swap() impelentation could check for and use a member function swap if
present automatically instead of requiring a speicializaiton.

-- Noah