From: kral123 (kral123_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-20 02:45:53

I'm still struggling with getting Jam to build what I need of boost,
trying to figure out how it reports errors (it just ignores them?),
trying to figure out what it actually did, what libs it created, why
it didn't produce .lib files for the thread stuff, etc.. What I want
to know is, why not GNU autotools? It seems like autoconf+automake
would be much better suited to this job. The system tests that boost
needs to make have already been implemented in it or with existing
autoconf m4 files, it works with significantly less hassle across the
platforms boost supports, it runs on and supports more platforms than
Jam, and everyone is already familiar with it.