From: Michiel Salters (Michiel.Salters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-21 04:10:20

Is there a reason you want to have an end iterator, instead of an
at_end( iterator ) function ? Implementing the latter in terms of the
former is trivial, but all you have is the at_end( ) functionality, you
need a special singular iterator to signal at_end( ), which can make
all iterators bigger. Furthermore, for many output iterators, at_end( )
is trivially implemented as "return false;". The corresponding
iterator is much more work.

--
Michiel Salters     Consultant Software Engineering
CMG RTSE1