From: hubert_holin (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-21 05:07:38

Paris (U.E.), le 21/02/2002

        Bonjour

                One feature which would be usefull is to have a "is_infinity"
(possibly also "is_positive_infinity" and "is_negative_infinity")
member function for those types for which ::std::numeric_limits<type>
::has_infinity is true, and a "is_NaN" member function for those types
for wich either ::std::numeric_limits<type>::has_quiet_NaN or
::std::numeric_limits<type>::has_signaling_NaN is true.

                This would be greatly convenient and cheap to implement (C
now has macro for these, member funtions would be safer), and is a
feature which is expected (and whose absence is thus cause for
surprise). Strictly speaking, they might not be *necessary* as they can
be emulated in user code *if* the comparison operators have been
correctly implemented for NaNs and infinities (user code using
comparisons with signaling NaN could be bothersome however).

        Merci

                        Hubert Holin
                        Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]

I am not a mad scientist, I am a mad mathematician.