From: Karl Nelson (kenelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-21 12:04:11

I doubt I would be a good volunteer for that. I have never succeeded in
getting boost jam to bootstrap correctly, but instead insert makefiles
and autoconf scripts as needed to compile boost components. But then
I am running windows with cygwin which is much too heavy a platform
to expect other users to use.

I would recommend the if you are planning to continue to use jam,
make an autoconf script which builds jam and sets it loose to build
boost so that us poor unix guys don't have to ponder a boot strap
procedure when all we want is to hit "configure; make; make install"

--Karl