From: Braden McDaniel (braden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-22 22:11:04

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 14:27, Timothy M. Shead wrote:
> I've been using a subset of boost (most of the "headers-only" stuff,
> plus the regex library) under GNU/Linux for some time now, using
> auto-tools scripts that took about an hour to create. If the boost.org
> maintainers are willing, I would like to contribute my existing work and
> expand it to cover the entire library. This would consist of a
> "Makefile.am" file in each subdirectory, plus top-level "bootstrap" and
> "configure.in" files. Since this doesn't really fall under the
> "submissions" guidelines on the boost.org website, what is the preferred
> method to submit these files?

If I'm not mistaken, it appears that having a parallel autotools build
is deemed an acceptable solution. I hope you move forward with this. As
I have mentioned, I volunteer to help maintain this.

(I would suggest "configure.ac" rather than "configure.in"--probably a
good idea to follow the new conventions in a new build setup.)

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden_at_[hidden]>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden_at_[hidden]>