From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-24 08:04:58

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 02:11, rogeeff wrote:
> Ok. Everything does seems to work on MSVC. Looked on bechmakrs
> either. Great work! It now ~3-4 times quicker.

Thanks !
In fact the compatibility issues, and often more, were fixed thanks to
you, aleksey Gurtovoy, Yitzhak Sapir and Chris Little for the testing
and proposed diffs.

About the benchmark : it was taking a lot of time before, because the
NullStream class was not compiling with MSVC and it had been replaced by
a stringstream, whose buffer was not emptied between each iteration of
the 10.000xloop.
it seems MSVC is bad at growing stringstream's internal buffer
dynamically 10.000 times.

That's why I tried to make the NullStream class compile under MSVC, in
order to really measure format performance without side-effects due to
the final-destination stream.

Thus the new timings in MSVC make more sense.

--
Samuel