From: Steven Kirk (steven.kirk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-26 04:56:24

I think the signals library should be accepted into boost. I have used it
breifly and can see it being extremely useful in the future. However I am
slightly concerned that Doug has maybe tried to put too many features into
the library. To echo Søren's remarks earlier, I personally can see no use
for the return value feature, and I feel the same about the 'named signals'
feature.

The main problem I have with these features being there is that they each
add to the size of a signal object - sizeof(boost::signal<void>) is 136
bytes on Borland C++ 5. I would personally prefer a more lightweight signal,
especially where I feel that most of the weight is being added by marginal
features. YMMV of course.