From: johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-02-28 09:52:18

Sorry if repeating what someone else has stated earlier (I find it daunting
to go through each and every post in this discussion). Just throwing out
what's in my head.

To keep as non-intrusive as possible, it would be possible to support
specialized marshallers to support non-default constructors - thereby
allowing legacy objects to be marshalled, e.g.:

on reading:

... gps_position_marshaller::read(T& ar, ...)
{
        X par1, par2;
        ar >> par1 >> par2;
        gps_position* pos = new gps_position(par1, par2);
}

Of course, implementing write could be a bit harder while maintaining the
non-intrusive approach (could work if all state was publicliy available
through get() functions).

// Johan