From: Kevin S. Van Horn (kevin.vanhorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-28 15:01:29

According to the compiler status tables, Boost passes all tests on gcc
gcc 3.0.3. This has me a bit perplexed, as I just tried to build Boost
with gcc 3.0.4 (I know, not exactly the same, but close), and got quite a
large number of errors -- Jam reports that it failed to update 79 targets
and skipped 40 targets. I used

  jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS=gcc -sBUILD="debug release"

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it was getting the wrong
compiler (gcc 3.0.4 is installed in /opt/bin), although 'which g++'
verifies that the correct compiler is the first one in the my search path.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong? How can I
make sure that Jam uses the compiler I want it to use?