From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-04 10:43:13

Ironically, it looks as though I needed to revert to something much
closer to Brian Parker's original implementation for this, due to the
fact that T may be an abstract class in my case (see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-April/000922.html for
details). I'm not sure it's worth providing this functionality in
type_traits, however, as my application is a corner case: I need to
establish the aligned storage independently from construction of T in
that storage: the code which constructs T would be provided by a
separate dynamically-linked executable, and any compilation errors
should be relegated to the point where that is attempted.

-Dave