From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-04 13:49:36

Hi,

I'm trying to play with Doug's alignment_traits.hpp on BCB5

Unfortunately, it uses a new version of PP which is different from the one
distributed with 1.27.0, so I wanted to download it directly from CVS.

All this time I've only checked out individual files from the cvs, using the
web browser interface linked on the boost download site.

This time, however, I need to download the entire boost preprocessor
library, so I am trying to use cvs from the command line.

I've never used cvs before today... so I downloaded a win32 client,
quick-read the docs and tried out the general procedure as documented in the
boost web site.

I'm running a Win98 machine and using the following:

>set CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost
>cvs login

Unfortunately, I'm getting:

Logging in to
:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:2401/cvsroot/boost
CVS password: (I hit <enter> here)
CVS.EXE login: failed to open ../cvsroot/.cvspass for reading: No such file
or directory
CVS.EXE [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting

The docs says that I should set HOME to the location of .cvspass, but I
don't know where is it...

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Fernando Cacciola