From: James Kanze (kanze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-09 04:04:54

brangdon_at_[hidden] (Dave Harris) writes:

|> Currently I don't use the boost pointer, mainly because of the
|> problems with multiple counts. Efficiency is another concern:
|> invasive smart pointers tend to be a lot more efficient than
|> non-invasive ones. I think I would use a boost pointer like the
|> above, though.

I pretty much pushed for its use in my last project; I imagined that it
would be part of a future standard, and is already a de facto standard,
and I generally prefer standard solutions where they work. Regretfully,
it didn't work; there were too many times we needed to generate a smart
pointer from this. In the end, we simply used my old RefCntPtr (which
is very much like the one in Scott Meyers).

--
James Kanze                                mailto:kanze_at_[hidden]
Ziegelhüttenweg 17a, 60598 Frankfurt, Germany Tel. +49(0)179 2607481