From: Brian Hawkins (bmhmaillist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 01:24:54

Hi,

I am new to boost and this mailing list, but I have definite interest in a
logging library. I have developed my own logging framework and would be
happy to contribute it (once I finish refactoring it) as an example. It
uses template policies similar to those described by Modern C++ Design and
implemented in Loki. It is extremely lightweight and compiles complete out
of release builds if necessary.

Although I started out in research, I have been working in game development
for the last several years. Performance is of primary importance.
Therefore logging cannot always be on, but the log calls still need to be
there so they can be shared through source control and they can be turned on
for debugging when a debugging environment is not available. I have thus
adopted the use of a configuration file that can turn on/off logging for
different log types based on name. While the framework I use supports other
methods of enabling/disabling logs, this has been the primary one that I
use.

Anyhow, I would be happy to contribute to this issue.

Thanks,
Brian Hawkins