From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 01:50:18

> First two general notes: I do not think it reasonable to try to port
and present loki as a single whole.<

Of course. I wrote "We can work together on porting relevant parts of
loki to boost, component by component." Note the use of "relevant". Of
course, some parts of Loki will never be taken into boost because
equivalent facilities are there (traits, functor).

>Much easeir would be to present it peace by peace.<

Peace to you, too :o).

> Second note: I think loki boostification should include making it
more portable. Particulaly it should work under MSVC 6.5.<

I'm not very happy about hacking it to make it work on MSVC, but if
people really want that, so be it.

> Given the fact that mpl is about to be review (I sincerely hope that
you will participate), by the time when loki gonna be reviewed
typelist presumably will be part of boost already. So you will need
really good argument for different implementation (especially in boost
public interface).<

This is entirely reasonable. My belief is that I will have a good
argument, but we will see.

Andrei