From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 12:21:36

> > Second note: I think loki boostification should include making it
> more portable. Particulaly it should work under MSVC 6.5.<
>
> I'm not very happy about hacking it to make it work on MSVC, but if
> people really want that, so be it.

I agree. I don't think this would be constructive for the C++ community in the
long run. Popular libraries (and people bitching about them not compiling) are
currently putting the fire under Microsoft to improve their conformance. I
think it an inherently bad idea to take the "new" facilities of C++, create a
library the heavily utilizes those facilities, and the port it a pre-facility
compiler. I wouldn't be surprised if the template facilities of standard C++
and what Andrei could do with them were part of the inspiration for Loki in the
first place. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong.) Philosophically, I think it
runs counter to the original conception.

Paul Mensonides