From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 04:08:51

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams"

> How separate do you want it to be? MPL is a collection of mostly
> independent components. You only need to "drag" the ones you're using.
> Of course there are a some low-level components which are used in common
> by many others, but there is very little coupling.

Ok, I was wrong. I've looked a little bit more closely into MPL and indeed
the granularity is rather as I wished such a library should be. I guess it was
a misconception. I wish there was even a draft document somewhere. This
would certainly dismiss the fear one has when looking at the library loaded
with header files.

MPL is cool! The multitude of header files are there to make it even more
fine grained. You pay only for what you use, even at the preprocessing
stage. Nice!

--Joel