From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 21:24:05

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_[hidden]>

> I do think, however, that a pair-based type-list and its recursive
nature
> WILL fall short as soon as one get enthusiastic about metaprogramming,
and
> it is then when mpl would come to the rescue.
>
> As Aleksey already stated, a pair-based recursive type-list can easily
be
> integrated into mpl, so that when the head fails to see how to use
recursion
> to achieve a given side-effect (well, a pseudo side-effect); I can
turn to
> mpl and pretend is C++.
>
> So, I can't offer to help you because I don't have the time, but I
would
> like to see both a primitive Loki-style type-list and the mpl-style
> type-list.

What does everyone imagine the MPL type_list is if not a primitive
Loki-style type-list? There are a few minor differences in interface,
but in construction they are basically identical. The MPL type_list
isn't based on std::pair, but you wouldn't want that anyway (some useful
type lists couldn't even be instantiated if that were the case).

-Dave