From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 23:53:38

I've updated the Signals library in response to comments from the formal
review. Not everything asked for has been finished yet, but a much revised
version of the library is available here:

The most important user-visible changes are:
- Slot names have become connection groups. Slot call ordering is now
dependent on the connection group ordering, with ungrouped slots being called
last.

- Removed "controlling" connections from the public interface. Added the
scoped_connection class to pick up the slack, but with more obvious semantics.

- Lots of header/namespace shuffling.

Please see the history.html file in the library documentation for a complete
list of the changes made.

Some reviewer comments have not yet been addressed. The most blatant one
being that the tutorial still has a demanding, hard-to-understand structure
and, to make matters worse, is out-of-sync with the slot ordering and group
naming changes. This will be addressed before Signals is integrated, I
promise :)

Comments always welcome.

        Doug