From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 16:47:34

----- Original Message -----
From: "Braden McDaniel" <braden.n.mcdaniel_at_[hidden]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 4:30 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: Re: WWW-site: proposed patchset for autotools as
adjunct

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:28:38 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

I confess that I'm only trivially familiar with the domain, but these
things seem different from most POSIX packages:

1. It actually consists of a wide variety of mostly-independent library
components
2. Little or no attention is paid to binary compatibility between
releases
3. Strictly speaking, source compatibility is broken frequently

I'd love it if there was precedent for all of this, and we could just
adopt well-known practices. Is there? Can we?

-Dave