From: Braden McDaniel (braden.n.mcdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 17:28:51

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:47:34 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> 1. It actually consists of a wide variety of mostly-independent library
> components

I'll give you that one; but I don't see what bearing this has on the
installation story.

> 2. Little or no attention is paid to binary compatibility between
> releases
> 3. Strictly speaking, source compatibility is broken frequently

It's not all that uncommon for projects in "alpha" mode operate like this.
Frankly, I think at some point the dust will need to settle and Boost will
need to add some rigor to its release process; but an installation story
need not be contingent upon this. In the meantime, users just need to be
warned of the shifting sands.

Braden