From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 23:51:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper_at_[hidden]>

> I finally figured it out, but it wasn't because of anything helpful
about
> the boost build page! There are too many piddly little details that
are
> missing from that page, especially (but I suspect, not limited to)
building
> on Windows with VCC.

Many of the piddly details are at
http://www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm

> My only two questions left are:
> 1. How do you harvest the libs and dll's buried in the convoluted
buld/bin
> directories?

You either build your extensions using Boost.Build, or you go in and
grab them by hand.

New "staging" features have been added to Boost.Build which will allow
me to put the libs somewhere more convenient in the future, but I'm not
using the feature yet.

> 2. How do you build a release version?

You set BUILD=release, details at:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/build_system.htm#initiating