From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-13 07:26:40

----- Original Message -----
From: "David A. Greene" <greened_at_[hidden]>

> This is something I've been meaning to ask about. Is it possible to
> move the files section elsewhere? I have enough on-line accounts
> already and creating another one just to grab pdf's seems overkill.
> Why aren't we hosting files on sourceforge?
>
> What's the rationale for using yahoo, other than, "that's where
> the mailing list used to be hosted?"

Yahoo has some very nice permission options. Anyone who wants to can
become a member without approval, and post a file. Moderators, but
nobody else, can delete files. We could open the files area for general
viewing; perhaps now that the lists aren't there anymore it makes sense.
OK, now anybody can look at the files, but only members can post them.

-Dave