From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 12:12:04

Yes, and to add to this tangent, 3.9.1p1 states "Plain char, signed char,
and unsigned char are three distinct types." Strangely, 3.9p2 talks about
how "... the underlying bytes making up the object can be copied into an
array of char or unsigned char. If the content of the array of char or
unsigned char is copied back into the object, the object shall subsequently
hold its original value." I guess there's no requirement that this copying
work properly with signed chars! :)

-- Noah