From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-17 20:25:39

[repeat] -- I forgot to include the file.

> > I mean give me an example of what you want the preprocessor to
> generate for you.
> > I imagine that you want it to generate stuff that the template
> mechanism itself
> > cannot generate such as comma separated lists.
>
> I gave you that in the previous message: look in
> boost/python/preprocessed/* in the current CVS.

I took the file "arg_tupel_size.hpp" and rewrote it (it is attached). You won't
be able to use it without my library, but it only took 4.17 seconds to expand it
on Comeau C++.

If the items to expand were more complicated (i.e. larger classes or functions),
I would have used the full-scale 'file-inclusion' mechanism instead.

Which file in particular would you like me to look at? Incidentally, the file
that I looked at had the value returned one greater than the number of
parameters when the specializations were for member function pointers. I
assumed that this was off by one.

Paul Mensonides