From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-19 10:14:53

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > Would be great. FWIW, (1) customizing Loki::SmartPtr for COM
pointers
> takes
> > 6 lines of code, (2) there are few, if any significant features of
boost's
> > smart_ptr that is not being supported by Loki::SmartPtr's design,
or
> hasn't
> > even been implemented already.
>
> Did I miss some recent developments that allow Loki::SmartPtr to
emulate
> shared_ptr/shared_array/weak_ptr out of the box?

I carefully phrased my words to not say "out of the box", but rather
"supported by design". By that I mean that you can write your policies
and use them without changing SmartPtr.

I think the array thing would have to be integrated. I'm not sure
about weak_ptr, it's been added after I looked last time.

Andrei