From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 08:58:43

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:29:43AM -0400, Maxim Shemanarev wrote:
> Thanks David, your opinion is very important to me. I actually did not
> expect great enthusiasm about it, but there are people who is interested in
> AGG. I intend to work on AGG further, and maybe someone of active BOOST
> members, who is most interested in this area will agree to perform a formal
> review (for now it's not the time I think, mostly because of the lack of
> docs).

Skimming through the docs and header files, I get the feeling that the
design could be made much more powerful and flexible through the use of
templates and generic concepts. For instance, one concept common in
computer graphics is a DDA, digital differential analyzer, plotting out the
path of some line or curve. If one could provide this as a function object
of some kind, a library user could make use of the antialiasing engine for
any geometrical shapes or functions she likes. It would be great for
mathematical graphing software, to name one obvious example.

So, whereas you apparently have a good code base and some beautiful
results, I believe the library would benefit greatly from an attempt to
break down the library into orthogonal concepts and refactor the design.

Against odds I am hoping to find the time to look more closely at the
library, and if I do I'll be happy to contribute some ideas on how the
library could be "boostified."

/Mattias

--
Mattias Flodin <flodin_at_[hidden]>  -  http://www.cs.umu.se/~flodin/