From: Itay Maman (itay_maman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 11:16:47

"Ben Feldman" <ben_feldman_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> "Itay Maman" <itay_maman_at_[hidden]> wrote in message > Hi
> >
> >I just uploaded a Power_visitor library, which implements a generic,
> >compile-time based, visitor.

> >[itay_maman_at_[hidden]]
> >

> Seems like a really useful component.
>
> One thing that bothers me, though, is the tight coupling the visitor has
> with the policy. Can't it hide it behind a pImpl?
>

> Ben.

I did try to develop something along these lines, but did not have much
success.

What I was trying to do is to be able to dynamically switch an existing
visitor's policy. However, since the Power_visitor's code is statically
generated by the compiler - with respect to the objects that need visiting -
I am not sure there is a way to achieve that (although I didn't give up,
yet).

I would like very much to see an implementation that works around this
limitation.

-Itay.