From: Trenton Tuggle (Tuggle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 10:14:28

I was just thinking about Microsoft ClearType: it would be interesting
to see the concept incorporated into a freely-available library. I have
been highly impressed with some of the results I've seen, and it seems
that using the technique on general antialiasing of graphics would yield
results worth further investigation.

Another factor worth investigating: is it possible to abstract and map
the VectorAGG library primitives to hardware-accelerated routines, if
available? This obviously would be significant effort, but the results
would probably be more applicable in the long term, as hardware
acceleration becomes more and more popular. What do you think?

Cleartype page:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/default.htm

-Trenton Tuggle