From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-24 12:27:38

Hi Jeff,

  One other comment before the window closes, and that is you could
write some manipulators (see boost tuple) for things like delimiters for
use with iostreams.

  I also fall into the camp that wants iostreams/locales and not
"to_string" fns.

  ostringstream os;

  os << use_stringMonths << use_number_day_of_week << ym_delimiter(',')
<< mdy_order << time_delimiter(':') << date;

  "April 24,2002 3 12:10:34" etc.

  Ok, maybe having a "mdy_order" is a bit much, but the other delimiters
are useful.

  (Least anyone is confused, I still vote for acceptance. As the library
will continue to evolve as more people use it. Possibly including a
re-architecture of the base time/period classes as necessary. Backwards
compatibility is not required. I think this type of library needs some
general use before we really can tell what the true design should be.
Meantime this one is way more useful than what I've got, a homegrown
soln. And it seems generic enough.)

  Yours,
 -gary-