From: Maxim Shemanarev (mcseem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-30 20:28:25

Hello,

Since I received some positive responses about AGG
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg28757.php , I'd like to make a
proposal for preliminary (not formal) discussion of the library. I realize
my design is not perfect and I need some help with how to make it more
BOOST-friendly. The library is flexible enough, all its parts are separated
and can be used independently. It means, for example you don't have to use
AGG rendering mechanism if you have your own, or, you can use only AGG
renderer, without conversion pipelines. I'd like to make it more usable and
I'll appreciate any criticism and suggetions. Now I decided to write the
documentation in order to let people better understand the ideas. Even if I
have to refactor AGG completely I think it's good to write the docs now.
Although writing docs will take some time I'd like to invite everyone who
has any interest in AGG to discuss its problems. Especially invited:

Mattias Flodin,
Berman Dawes,
Joel De Guzman,
Petr Kocmid,
Soren Frank Andersen,
Trenton Tuggle,
Arne Sletteng,
and of cource David Abrahams (although, I'm afraid, Dave is too busy now)

We could discuss it via e-mail for the beginning in order not to pollute
this forum too much. Basically, what I want from BOOST people is to
criticize me as loud as possible :-)
Please write me mcseem_at_[hidden]

Thank you for your support!

--