From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 16:40:58

>> Beman wrote:
> - For a 2D vector graphics library, portability is a
>major concern, since underlying graphics primitives vary
>a lot by platform. I'd certainly like to see an adaptation >to X11,
first because I don't use Win32, and second because >it allows to check
whether portability concerns have been >addressed successfully in the
AGG design.

I can't imagine we would be interested in a graphics library unless it
ran
on both Windows and UNIX-like systems, and had good prospects of running
on
the Mac and other platforms.

I've written several of these "porting" layers for just this reason, so
if the library did address this I would be interested.

Note that "speed" has always been the issue, so the layers must be thin.

(for Win32, directX, not the WIN32 API, is the layer of choice for
games.)

  Yours,
 -gary-