From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-30 16:00:28

Carl Daniel wrote:
> Towards that end, does anyone know how compatible the Boost libraries are
> with Green Hills' C++ compiler? It's an EDG-based compiler, so I'd assume
> their language conformance is quite good, but as I don't have the compiler
> (yet), I can't try it myself.

The Intel C++ compiler, for example, is also based on EDG, as is
Comeau C++. You may want to look at the boost regression test
results and messages how some compilers deal with boost.

Of course, the language support always depends on the version of
the EDG front-end the compiler is based on. For example, the
IRIX and Alpha compilers are based on relatively old versions
of EDG (2.38 and 2.40, in no particular order). You may want to
check with Green Hills what version of the EDG front-end they
use.

Also, I've heard that GNU C is used in a variety of embedded
systems projects.

> I'm probably most intersted in Regex, Bind, Function, Smart_ptr, Tuple,
> type_traits, in case that's significant to your comments.

bind, function, tuple, and type_traits stress the template
support of the compiler quite a lot.
Also, you may want to check whether exception handling is
available on your target platform/compiler. Some boost libraries
use exception handling.

Jens Maurer