From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 17:30:39

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hawes" <Tim.Hawes_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Boost, stlport, gcc-3.0.4 on Solaris 8

----------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > > OK, the 'template with C linkage' errors is what I was getting w/
1.27
> > > boost. I was not getting these errors before, I added the gnu
linker,
> > > and now I get these errors whether or not I use the gnu
linker.Sorry
> > for
> > > the confusion.
> >
> > I think it would be a good thing to try to answer my other questions
> > above. Your compilation command-line is still a little mysterious to
me.

> Sorry. I thought you had asked me about the
> "c:/downlaods/STLPort-0601/stlport"

I was.

> but I couldn't find the reference.

See above. Can you find it now?

> Being here at work, I have many things grabing my attention at once
and
> lost track of what I was doing several times. Really, I wasn't trying
> avoid your questions.

I'm not insulted; just trying to help.

> Anyhow, when I first compiled boost, I was defining STDHDR and STDLIB
in
> tools/build/gcc-stlport-tools.jam, instead of $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamrules.

Are you saying that you modified those files? You shouldn't do that. If
you did, what gave you the idea to do so?

There are no STDHDR or STDLIB variables which Boost.Build will take
advantage of. It does use STDHDRS and STDLIBS, but you should not expect
to effectively set those yourself.

(at least) one of us is very confused.

-Dave