From: Tim Hawes (Tim.Hawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 16:39:32

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 15:50, David Abrahams wrote:

> > > Hmm, are you sure you really have the latest CVS state? Where is
> > > "c:/downlaods/STLPort-0601/stlport" coming from? What have you got
> > > STLPORT_ROOT set to?
> > >

> > OK, the 'template with C linkage' errors is what I was getting w/ 1.27
> > boost. I was not getting these errors before, I added the gnu linker,
> > and now I get these errors whether or not I use the gnu linker.Sorry
> for
> > the confusion.
>
> I think it would be a good thing to try to answer my other questions
> above. Your compilation command-line is still a little mysterious to me.

Sorry. I thought you had asked me about the
"c:/downlaods/STLPort-0601/stlport" but I couldn't find the reference.
Being here at work, I have many things grabing my attention at once and
lost track of what I was doing several times. Really, I wasn't trying to
avoid your questions.

Anyhow, when I first compiled boost, I was defining STDHDR and STDLIB in
tools/build/gcc-stlport-tools.jam, instead of $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamrules. I
fixed that and now I am having the same trouble I was having before I
tried to use GNU ld (remember, this is with boost 1.27.0, not from CVS).
I am ready to give up on 1.27.0 and stick with CVS, if I can get the
template-id problem solved.