From: Maxim Shemanarev (mcseem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 22:46:20

----- Original Message -----
From: "Powell, Gary" <powellg_at_[hidden]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 5:40 PM
Subject: RE: A preliminary proposal: AGG project

> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I've written several of these "porting" layers for just this reason, so
> if the library did address this I would be interested.
>
> Note that "speed" has always been the issue, so the layers must be thin.
>
> (for Win32, directX, not the WIN32 API, is the layer of choice for
> games.)

I do not claim the library to be absolutely portable and to be a
wrapper at all. It's a rendering engine that could be used in a number
of applications, probably not in games, but in GIS systems for example,
especially in Web-based ones like yahoo.maps

I'd really appreciate if you could read my reply to Jens Maurer.

McSeem
http://www.antigrain.com