From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-02 09:40:55

On Thursday 02 May 2002 15:09, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> ublas looks like an interesting contribution. But does that mean that
> we will wind up with 2 different matrix libs, since AFAICT ublas is
> strictly 1D or 2D, while we still need a lib supporting n-dimensional
> containers?

There are two classes of `matrix` libraries. There are the n-dimenional
matrix or tensor libs (like Blitz++) and linear algebra libs (like MTL and
ublas).
Joerg and Jeremy are in a better position to comment on this but AFAIK it's
almost impossible to have an optimal linear algebra lib that can also handle
multi-dimensional matrices.

toon