From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-03 19:03:44

"George A. Heintzelman" <georgeh_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> The reason is, the delete function is associated with the reference
> count in the initial call to the shared pointer, and hence passed around.

No, the reason is because I'm an idiot. There's no c'tor that lets
you pass a shared_ptr + deleter. The best you can do is give it
the raw pointer + a new deleter, which, of course, is probably
because you really intend to do that.

> [...]
> I think you're thinking shared_ptr does something it doesn't...

Yeah, I didn't look at the implementation closely enough. You have
to abuse it pretty seriously to make it break.

Dave