From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-05 17:49:01

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 10:13:28AM -0700, Noel Yap wrote:
> --- "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > > Also, installation on Unix might want to change the
> > > suffixes (or at least make it configurable for all
> > > platforms). Everything else sounds great.
> >
> > Change the suffixes of what?
>
> Change the suffixes of the header files.

You mean to change boost/utility.hpp to something else like
boost/utility.h? Pardon the pun, but I don't see the utility
in that.

Indeed, that opens up two other cans of worms: (1) boost-using
source code will no longer be portable, and (2) you'd have to
also change the #includes of the header files.

Puzzled,
-Steve